The Family Project, The Missing Link and what I know. "Tucks"

 

                                                  

*Updated *



          Charles and Ellen Mary Tuck 





Through this whole journey I’ve found many surprises and twists and turns. The one mystery remains my father. From what I know so far and the research I’ve done so far, he is not an easy fella to find maybe he never wanted to be found?

I believe his name was Joseph Stanislaus Wright, my brother has his last name. I have been told he had a couple of daughters which would be my half siblings and a few years older than me. He was also a fettler on the railways around Dungog NSW and this would have been around the mid 1960s for a couple of years. 


Ancestry DNA

Though DNA and research through Ancestry I have located and communicated with many 2/3/4th cousins on his side. But at this moment I still don’t have a link to who his parents are. The one thing I’m sure of is a link back to Charles Tuck 1850-1942 and his wife Ellen Mary Hill 1860-1936. 

The thing about Charles and Ellen is they had at least 13 children and I have through DNA at least links back through 9 of their children and somewhere in there my father’s mother or father will be found. So, one side of my father’s family goes back through the Tucks, and there are lots of them. 

From what ive decovered it appears Charles and Ellen are my Great grandparents and one of their childen is the father or mother of my father Joseph Wright.  Currently there is endless possibilities 

What if Joseph Wright was adopted as a child as well ?  


Death Certificate 

Below which I have only just received is Charles Tuck death Certificate. He had been buried at Koondrook cemetary Victoria but I haven`t comfirmed yet if it is a unmarked grave or location yet. 

Records of Koondrook cemetary are a bit sketchy at this point but im working through them. The Gannawarra Shire Council doesn`t kept records of the cemetery but their Kerang library shows a book on the burial records from 1882-1988 with some limitations. I guess a visit will be on the cards. 

If you have any information on Koondrook Cemetary please let me know. 





Koondrook Cemetary 


visit to Koondrook Cemetery 

                                                              Charles Tuck 1854-1942









Koondrook

https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/209794734?searchTerm=Messers%20TUCK%20Bros%20Sawmill%20Cobram

 I still dont know whether my Fathers Mother or Father comes from the "Tuck" side of the family tree. The other side through DNA shows only a few matches and none are closely matched (4-6th cousins) or even in Australia so this is all still a bit of a mystery. So hopefully some more DNA matches will turn up through time that might just be the missing link and have some interesting information.

The search and journey continues 


Arbuthnot Sawmill

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Adoption Chronicles

Finding Joseph Wright, His father, My Grandfather

The Convict Connection