Finding Joseph Wright, His father, My Grandfather

 

Finding Joseph Wright, His father, My Grandfather

 

After finding Joseph Wright and the location where he is buried and visiting Fawkner Memorial Park near Melbourne in June 2023. The search continued to find out who was Josephs Mother and Father after lots of research the Tuck side of the family. I knew through DNA that Charles Tuck 1850-1942 and his Wife Ellen Mary Tuck nee Hill 1860-1936, that it was highly possible they were my Great Grandparents.   My attention turned to finding the link between Joseph and the Tucks. As Joseph was adopted at a time when records of adoption didn’t need to or weren’t kept this had some challenges within itself.  

So, the research continued to work through the Tuck family and who would be the link to Joseph. Working through the family and possibilities it come down to 2 of Charles and Ellens sons, Leslie Joseph Tuck, and Charles Fredrick Tuck.

Now Leslie Joseph Tuck 1901-1981 had 2 children Elizabeth (Betty) Tuck and William (Bill) Tuck. After tracking down Betty, I sent her a letter about the family research I was doing and my number and about a week later I received a phone call from Betty which was wonderful. Now Betty could be one of my closest living relatives to the Tucks. Betty was happy to do an DNA test which would either prove a link back through her father to Joseph or not.

So, I sent off an DNA test kit to Betty and then it was a waiting game till the results came back, So would Bettys father be my link to the Tucks or not? Charles and Ellen Tuck had 14 children so there had been a bit of work to get to this point, but I just kept to my process.

When the results came back it showed that Betty was indeed my Half Aunty so her father was Josephs father and my grandfather.  So, Betty also found out that she had a half brother that she had no idea about after all these years.

I organised to go visit Betty down in Victoria and meet my Aunty. So I went down and met Betty how wonderful to met her at her place. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Adoption Chronicles

The Convict Connection